Terms & Conditions
a) Be able to ride a bicycle and have no mobility restrictions;
b) Be able to understand & communicate with the instructors in English;
c) Be appropriately dressed (see paragraph 10 below);
d) Bring glasses/contacts if normally worn;
e) Bring on the day of training either:
i) – a valid Provisional or Full Jersey driving licence,
ii) – a valid CBT certificate (for students taking part in DAS training)
iii) Trainees will not be able to participate in the course should they fail to bring the documents listed above and their fee will be forfeited.
f) Ensure you have read and understand the current edition of the Highway Code for the UK and Jersey;
g) Settle all course fees in full prior to training;
2. When training is undertaken on a Trainee’s own vehicle, in respect of that vehicle Trainees must:
a) Provide original proof of insurance;
b) Provide a current original M.O.T. certificate (in-line with new DVS guidlnines) where the machine is more than three years old;
c) Ensure integrated L-plates is fitted to the motorcycle;
d) Ensure the machine is roadworthy and in good working order;
i) Trainees will not be able to participate in the course should they fail to bring the documents listed above and their fee will be forfeited.
3. CBT courses start at 8:00hrs and finish at 15:00hrs approximately, provided all five elements have been satisfactorily completed (please see point 12). CBT Trainees must arrive 20 minutes before 08:00hrs.
4. All day DAS courses start at 9:30h and finish at 16:00h.
5. Lateness will count as a cancellation and will result in payment being forfeited.
6. A minimum of 3 working days’ notice is required to cancel/postpone a CBT course, without which payment will be forfeited.
7. A minimum of 5 working days’ notice is required to cancel/postpone intensive courses, including DAS training, without which the fee will be forfeited. Lateness will also count as a cancellation and will result in the fee being forfeited.
8. All cancellations notified in time will be subject to a 10% administration fee.
9. The Jersey School Of Motorcycling reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown or illness. In the case of cancellation your fees will be refunded in full.
10. Our customer’s safety is of a paramount importance for us and therefore we reserves the right to cancel any course if Trainees are deemed inappropriately dressed for the course. In this event, the Trainee will forfeit their fee. Appropriate clothing: Substantial trousers (no shorts/jogging pants/jeans with holes; Long sleeve substantial jacket (no hooded jogging tops); Substantial boots or shoes with socks (no slip on/slip off footwear).
11. CBT trainees who Do Not reach the required standard during the Off Road training will not be able to complete the On road element and their CBT course will end there and will have to rebook. Rebooked CBT’s will be charged at the usual rate.
Question about our terms & conditions?
Give us a call.
Sign up to our Newsletter
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)